Saturday, 23 October 2010

It's alot easier to write then find an agent!

I've been playing with the idea of writing childrens books for a year or four. After being forced out of a rather crap job I decided to take writing alot more seriously so I did. Months later I have written more then a couple of childrens books but find it a very difficult vocation to step into. The feedback from family/friends and random people has been incredibly positive, they love my work, one even dreams about holding a copy of one of my books in her hands which is moving and slightly exciting at the same time.

 I write because I love to do it. I love the thrill of waking up at 3am because I have an idea and I've had more then plenty of those. I love it when I show someone what I have written and they ask for more. In an ideal world I would love to find an agent who loves my books just as much as I love to write them but I know that this is slim. I live with hope though. In the mean time I shall continue writing and hope that some day I will walk into Waterstones and see one of my books on the shelf which is picked up by a child, read a little, taken home and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment